Some sports thoughts as we wait for the Red Sox fire sale now on through Thursday…
Hey baseball GMs…get your deal here…get your deal while it lasts!
– What are the chances when Friday rolls around, the Sox host the Yankees at Fenway and the lineup is this after trades…
1. LF Brock Holt
2. 2B Dustin Pedroia
3. DH David Ortiz
4. 1B Will Middlebrooks
5. 3B Xander Bogaerts
6. RF Mookie Betts
7. SS Deven Marrero
8. CChristian Vasquez
9. CF Jackie Bradley Jr
SP Anthony Ranaudo
– Wonder what you could get back in a trade if you offered a pennant contender Jon Lester…and a young talent such as (Brock Holt, Ranaudo, Workman,Webster,or De La Rosa).
– Let me see if I’ve got this right…after Saturday night’s loss in Tampa Bay:
A) We find out Mike Carp asked to be traded because he’s not playing enough.
B) David Ortiz questions John Farrell when he did not challenge a close tag play at second base…”How the hell didn’t we challenge that one?”
C) John Lackey post game about the same play… “A challenge would have been nice. Looked like he was pretty out.”
D) Chris Capuano, released by the Sox, pitches six solid innings for the Yankees.
E) A.J. Pierzynski, released by the Sox, has three hits and RBI in his first game as a St.Louis Cardinal.
F) Carl Crawford even had a hit for the LA Dodgers.
G) Paging Dr. Phil…Paging Dr. Phil…
– Jon Lester says he doesn’t want to talk about contract issues, etc…Yet he talks about it…including saying even if the Sox trade him he still might come back…now I’m distracted!
– As I write this…if the Sox go .500 the rest of the way (29-29), they finish with 73 wins. Four more than Bobby Valentine’s year.
– By the way, wonder what Bobby V thinks about all this? Betcha he checks in with some thoughts soon.
– Look at the bright side – another top 10 draft pick next June!
– Glass half full….Sox are 11 for 20 in overturning replay challenges.
– Call me crazy but the one veteran I really do want back next year is Shane Victorino. He’s a difference maker and he has got to be healthier.
– Keep saying this over and over…last to first to last, last to first to last, last to first to last. How can this happen?