Cleaning out the sports mind in preparation for the long holiday weekend ahead….
– Wonder which team has more players wearing beards these days – the Bruins or the Red Sox?
– No wonder John Tortorella can’t last long in any one coaching spot. Would you spend several years of your career playing for him as he constantly throws you under the bus in post-game press conferences?
– As it gets closer and closer to the Miami Heat getting to the NBA finals, I ask myself ‘do I really want Ray Allen to get this title? I love the guy. I hate the Heat.’
– If Sam Dexter(Messalonskee HS, USM) keeps this up he just might become the best everyday baseball player to come out of a Maine high school since (fill in the blank).
– It is hard to believe that David Ortiz now has more multi-home run games (38) than Ted Williams (37), Jim Rice (35) and Yaz (27).
– I’m rooting for the Indiana Pacers to win the NBA title and it’s because of head coach Frank Vogel. Yes, he is a former Celtics video coordinator under then head coach Rick Pitino, but, he transferred from playing basketball at a Division III school to attend Kentucky and became a student manager. And, Vogel (as a 10-year-old) appeared on David Letterman’s segment” Stupid Human Tricks” spinning a basketball on a toothbrush while brushing his teeth. (Sorry I had this reversed in my original post).
– Put me down as officially worried about one Rob Gronkowski.
– Do you realize that Tiger Woods left The Players Championship tournament with a winner’s check for $1,710,000.00… and Lindsey Vonn.
– UMaine vs. Stony Brook in the first game of the America East baseball tournament should feature the top two starters in the league – Maine’s Tommy Lawrence (9-3 2.59) vs SB’s Frankie Vanderka (8-3 2.27). Pitching, pitching, pitching wins championships.
– By the way, as the America East tourney is being played at the Red Sox Lowell Spinners minor league stadium, some former Spinners players include…Hanley Ramirez, Jose Iglesias, Jed Lowrie, Brandon Moss, Will Middlebrooks, Felix Doubront, Jonathan Papelbon and Jackie Bradley Jr.
– Why do I get the feeling that comparing LeBron to Michael Jordan is like comparing Jimmie Johnson to Dale Earnhardt. Not matter what LeBron or Jimmie do, they will never be Jordan or Earnhardt.
– When NBA free agents hear about Doc Rivers always trying to decide whether he wants to return as C’s coach each year, does that affect their decision on which team to sign with?
– Give me a team full of players like Dustin Pedroia.
– Bull Frog Sunscreen and Fuzzy’s Vodka. Two examples of how sports and sports products/sponsorships can be a good thing. Did you ever hear of Bull Frog Sunscreen before Clay Buchholz was found to be using it on his arm to get better grip on a baseball? Did you ever hear of Fuzzy’s Vodka before Ed Carpenter’s No. 20 Indy sponsored car won the Indy 500 pole over the weekend?
– Live P-B-P of the Bruins all this week on Sportsradio 92.9TheTicket.